Entry Level Design Engineer/Naval Architect
We are not currently hiring; however, we are accepting applications for an entry level design engineer, or naval architect to keep on file. Above all a job candidate must have a positive can-do attitude. Diversity in terms of sound technical foundations combined with a personable approach capable of interfacing directly with clients is desired.
Core requirements include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an area of technical study. For example engineering, sciences, mathematics, or computer science.
- Formal yacht design training through a professionally recognized institution.
- Personal boating experience, and an interest in spending more time on the water.
- Advanced communication skills, particularly writing skills.
- Willingness to travel to yacht construction sights both domestically and abroad.
- Basic computer programing skills primarily for developing custom MatLab tools.
- Experience working with SolidWorks, Rhino 3D, and AutoCad.
- Proficiency with Excel and other MS Office applications.
In addition to these core requirements, other qualities and experiences that can benefit the team include:
- Boat building experience, particularly high-end composite construction.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) engineering experience.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis experience.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations including ABS, RINA, ISO, MCA, DNV, GL, ISAF, and USCG.
- Working knowledge of Velocity Prediction Programs (VPP).
The primary working location for this location will be the McCollough Yachts office in Newport, Rhode Island. Compensation is aligned with the local cost of living, and is designed to attract exceptional candidates.
For more information, please contact McCollough Yachts.
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org